BKFC: Mike Perry vs Julian Lane KnuckleMania 2. Mike Perry’s post-UFC career continues to shine.
The former UFC welterweight defeated Julian Lane in his bare-knuckle boxing debut at Saturday’s BKFC: KnuckleMania 2 event. Perry outpointed Lane to win 48-46 on all three judges’ scorecards. The event took place at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
The bout was as advertised, as both fighters put on a wild show.
It was fireworks right off the bat. Perry and Lane went at it as soon as the bell rang. Early in the first, Lane was caught and dropped to the canvas. However, he got up and stunned Perry with a couple of shots and split him open. Perry fired back and conned with several hooks, turning Lane into a bloody mess.
The second round was just as wild as the first. Both fighters went toe-to-toe. Lane connected cleanly on Perry multiple times, but Perry’s shots seemed to be doing the most damage. It was a close two minutes.
Perry came out firing in all cylinders in the third. He connected with a big left hook to start and walked down Lane. Perry pressured Lane plenty, but got caught with a couple of counters. Although Lane had some moments, Perry seemed to be in control.
Round four started favoring Perry, but it had a big ending for Lane. Perry walked down Lane for the majority of the round. Although it was even, he did seem to be in control. In the last sequence, Lane connected on Perry and stunned him. It was the most significant moment of the round.
Lane turned it up big time in the final two minutes. He connected on Perry several times and forced him to be on his back foot. Perry hung in tough, but Lane was all over him. It was Lane’s best round of the fight.
With this result, Perry is now 2-0 in combat sports since his departure from the UFC in 2021. Prior to his BKFC debut, Perry defeated boxer Michael Seals in a decision at Triller’s inaugural Triad combat event – a new striking style and rules set designed to “level the playing field” between MMA fighters and boxers.
Perry is most notably known for his stint in the UFC where he went 7-8 competing at welterweight. His UFC run extended from 2016 to 2021. Perry won two Performance of the Night and two Fight of the Night bonuses during his UFC tenure.
Meanwhile, Lane is now 3-5 fighting in bareknuckle boxing. He was coming off a unanimous decision loss to former Bellator fighter David Rickels back in October. Lane competed in MMA from 2011 to 2018. He’s most notably known for his infamous “Let me bang” scene during season 16 of TUF.
Up-to-the-minute results of BKFC: KnuckleMania 2 include:
- Mike Perry def. Julian Lane via unanimous decision (48-46, 48-46, 48-46)
- Chad Mendes def. Joshuah Alvarez via TKO (punches) – Round 4, 1:34
- Christine Ferea def. Britain Beltran via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46) – for vacant flyweight title
- Gustavo Trujillo def. Stephen Townsel via knockout – Round 1, 1:41
- Christine Vicens def. Jade Masson-Wong via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 3, 0:49
- Francesco Ricchi def. Jake Bostwich via unanimous decision (48-44, 48-44, 48-44)
- Ulysses Diaz def. Sawyer Depee via knockout – Round 2, 1:00
- Edgard Plazaola def. Chevvy Bridges via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 1:09
- Yosdenis Cedeno def. Mario Vargas via unanimous decision (48-45, 49-44, 47-46)
- Jomi Escoboza def. Zion Tomlinson via knockout – Round 4, 1:16