Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton won the Spanish Grand Prix. The second place went to Red Bull driver Max Verstappen. The Briton bypassed Max a few laps before the finish line, when the Dutchman finally lost his tires. Top-3 was closed by Hamilton’s team-mate Valtteri Bottas.
Russian Nikita Mazepin took 19th place, closing the protocol again. His teammate Mick Schumacher was 18th. Note that during the race there was only one retirement. Due to the engine failure, the pilot of the “Alpha Tauri” Yuki Tsunoda was unable to finish.
Formula 1. Spanish Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) +15.841
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +26.610
- Charles Leclair (Ferrari) +54.616
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull) +1.03.671
- Daniel Riccardo (McLaren) +1.13.768
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) +1.14.670
- Lando Norris (McLaren) +1 lap
- Esteban Ocon (“Alpin”) +1 circle
- Pierre Gasly (“Alpha Tauri”) +1 circle
- Lance Stroll (Aston Martin) +1 lap
- Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo) +1 lap
- Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin) +1 lap
- George Russell (Williams) +1 lap
- Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo) +1 lap
- Nicholas Latifi (Williams) +1 lap
- Fernando Alonso (Alpin) +1 lap
- Miki Schumacher (“Haas”) +2 laps
- Nikita Mazepin (“Haas”) + 2 laps
- Yuki Tsunoda (Alpha Tauri) – did not finish.